Skip to content

Start & Grow Your Business

Welcome to Zebulon! a vibrant, growing town that offers a supportive environment for entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes. Whether you're a budding entrepreneur or an established business owner looking to expand, this guide will provide you with the necessary information for doing business in Zebulon.

Zebulon Business Guide

The Town of Zebulon Planning Department is your primary point of contact for all zoning and planning inquiries. They can provide guidance on zoning compliance, zoning designations, and permissible businesses. If you are considering a change of occupancy or use, make sure to consult with the Planning Department. They will also conduct a site plan review if applicable to your business. If your business is located outside the Town Limits, annexation may be required for water and sewer connections.

Website | 919.823.1810

Obtaining the necessary permits is crucial when starting a business. The Wake County Inspections & Permits office handles permits for new construction, renovations, and signage. Contact them to ensure compliance with building codes and regulations.

Website | 919.856.6222

The Town of Zebulon offers various incentives to support economic growth. One such incentive is the Façade Grant, which provides funding for facade improvements to enhance the visual appeal of your business. For more information on available incentives, reach out to the Economic Development department.

Website | 919.823.1874

Water/Sewer Connections

When it comes to connecting your business to the water and sewer system, the first step is to get in touch with the Town of Zebulon Planning Department. They will provide you with the necessary guidance and assistance. If your business is located outside the Town Limits, please keep in mind that annexation may be required.

Website | 919.823.1810

Additionally, it is essential to coordinate with the Town of Zebulon Finance Department and the City of Raleigh Utilities as per your requirements. This coordination will ensure a seamless transition and guarantee access to vital services for your business.

Website | 919.823.1806
Website |  919.996.3245


For your electricity needs, Duke Progress serves as the local electricity provider in Zebulon. To initiate, terminate, or relocate service for your business, contact Duke Progress directly.

Website | 866.582.6345

To ensure compliance with sign regulations in Zebulon, please follow the guidelines outlined in the Sign Permit Application. This application must be completed and submitted to the Planning Department. The Sign Permit Application collects essential details such as the applicant's contact information, property location, sign dimensions, and sign type. By filling out this form accurately and providing all the necessary information, businesses can obtain the required permit for installing signage in Zebulon. For any questions or assistance regarding the sign permit application process, please contact the Planning Department directly.

Website | 919.823.1810

Business Toolbox

Scroll To Top